Goodbye, short dark days and good riddance. At long last, Sunday, March 14th finally marks the beginning of daylight savings time. While we may lose an hour of sleep for spring forward, our mental health will thank us. Longer, sunnier days are just one ingredient for happiness—another is getting the rest you need. One sweet and spicy recipe that will help you wind down on the eve of spring forward is this spin on traditional moon milk.
While moon milk has popped up around social media in recent years, its storied history comes from Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medicine system. The magic of moon milk is fairly straightforward: warm milk, herbs and spices unite creating a relaxing and calming effect. If babies could talk, they’d tell us to get with it—warm milk very obviously works as a sleep aid.
Our version of moon milk subs the traditional ashwagandha with CBD (although if you’re interested in ashwagandha, you may want to check out our Peppermint Isolate CBD Drops). Our CBD spin on the traditional recipe gives this easy-to-prepare drink its own unique layer of sleepiness so you can indulge, lay back and get some shut-eye. Happy daylight savings!
- 1 cup of whole milk or your favorite non-dairy substitution (coconut, almond and oat milk are some of our faves)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ghee or cocoa butter
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 1 dose of Social CBD’s Unflavored Isolate CBD Drops
- 1 pinch of black pepper to season (optional)
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan on low to medium-low heat.
- Once the milk has begun to heat through, stir in cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg, cardamom and black pepper (if using). Use a whisk to prevent clumps.
- Once spices are combined and the concoction is hot, put in your tea bag and spoon in cocoa butter or ghee. Take the heat down to low and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Pour into your favorite mug and add your dose of Isolate CBD. Stir in the honey and top with additional cinnamon (if desired).
- Sit behind a great book, hop in front of the TV or slide straight into bed and enjoy.